Employee Benefits & Perks
Employee Benefits (Click Plus Sign to Expand)
A new benefit! Access to healthcare providers for health and prescription services at a cost of just $5.00 to members, and includes some common medications at no added cost! Video consultation is provided, and as needed, medical providers will travel TO YOU. Employee and eligible dependents are covered & we pick up the premium for those on the health plan!
Medica Health Plan with three options: Passport Network, Elect Network, Vantage Plus Network. Coverage choices for Employee, Employee + 1 Dependent, Family. Thomas Allen pays the majority of the cost of the health plan. Eligible at 30 scheduled hours per week.
Paid Time Off
Non-Exempt personnel earn 3-7 hours per pay period, and Exempt personnel earn 5-9 hours per pay period, based on longevity. Eligible with 35 scheduled hours per week.
Metlife offers one of the largest dental networks across the US. There are two option levels with the same coverage choices as the health plan. We pay a portion of the cost for the dental plan.
Health Savings Account
This allows you to contribute money on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified medical, prescription, dental and vision expenses. We also contribute $720 annually (pro-rated) to your personal account. Balances can be rolled over to subsequent years
Flexible Spending Account
This allows you to set aside money to pay for eligible expenses with tax-free dollars. You have choices: Healthcare Flexible Spending; Limited Healthcare Flexible Spending; Dependent Care Spending.
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employees have a life insurance and AD&D benefit equal to $10,000 at no cost to you! *Benefit reduction based on age
Employees may opt to purchase additional coverage for self, spouse/partner, and/or dependents.
Retirement Plans: 401K & Profit Sharing
Employees have access to both a traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k) option. Employees who work 1000 hours in the first 12 months of employment are eligible to participate in the profit sharing plan.
Voluntary Vision Plan
Coverage is provided through EyeMed INSIGHT network, one of the largest vision retail providers, as well as many independent vision providers.
Voluntary Short Term and/or Long Term Disability
Employees working 30 or more hours are eligible. It replaces 60% of income up to defined parameters.
Voluntary Critical Illness with Wellness Screening
This benefit pays $5,000 or $10,000 in the event of a critical illness, and is available to employees and their families. It pays above & beyond other insurance coverage you have.
Voluntary Accident Coverage
This plan pays you directly for accidents that occur off the job, & is in addition to any other insurance coverage you have.
Length of Service & Merit Increases
Employees are generally awarded a 2% increase annually, and are eligible for a 2% Merit award or a one-time bonus which is typically $30 per award. Cost of Living Adjustments are legislature driven.
Capella University Partnership | Tuition Reimbursement | Licensure Reimbursement
- General college tuition reimbursement is available, up to 2 semesters per calendar year.
- Capella University partnership provides scholarship opportunties, tuition discounts (for employee and family members), and professional development opportunities including on-demand webinars in leadership development, goal planning, well-being in the workplace, & more.
- Professional licensure/certification fees required within the job description are reimbursed to the level required for that position.
Legal Shield & Identity Shield
Two separate plans: one offers afforable access to quality law firms; the other offers preventative identity protection & identity restoration services.
Employee Assistance Program
Free, confidential, comprehensive support service with 24/7 access to professional counselors.
Quit Smoking Plan
Monetary rewards are provided to support you on your path toward living a smoke-free life.
Employee Recognition: 8 Company Sponsored Types! (click the + sign)
- Employee of the Month *(honored in our newsletter, presented with a certificate and a gift.)
- Rookie of the Month *(same as EOM)
- Employee of the Year (Revealed & presented at our employee service awards ceremony.)
- Employee Referral ($200 bonus)
- Bi-Monthly TEAM award (a team party, certificate and recognition in the newsletter.)
- ARRM Cares Award nominations & newsletter articles honoring nominees
- Annual Employee Service Awards Ceremony
Employee Financial Savings
- Tickets At Work: Can be used nation-wide for theme parks, hotels, concert & show tickets for substantial savings. Some local discounts available to you include:
- Renaissance Festival
- Sea Life
- Nickelodeon Universe
- Holiday party at your office
- Monthly birthday lunches with your peers
- Social Work Month activities
- Case Management Week activities
- Social Committee to ensure ample opportunity to socialize & network with your peers (during work and after hours)
- Quarterly agency coordinated group community activities (St Paul Saints, Twins, Minnesota Wild, etc.)
- Varied local social cause volunteering and fundraising events (past ones have included the MS Walk, Down Syndrome Assn., Walk for Alzheimer’s, Bake Sale for Adopt a Family, Feed My Starving Children, etc.)