Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Priorities & Expectations
Thomas Allen respects and values the diversity of gender identity/expression, language, religion, socio-economic status, disabilities/capabilities, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, political beliefs, and age of those whom we serve, employ and contract. We are committed to assessing and meeting the changing diversity needs within the Thomas Allen community.
Thomas Allen pledges to create and maintain a quality working and living environment that honors and celebrates the rich diversity within the world, while creating an atmosphere of acceptance, respect and inclusion. Thomas Allen will actualize this pledge through these priorities:
- Work with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee to ensure practices and policies align with Thomas Allen’s Diversity Plan.
- Encourage and welcome employees and persons served to bring diversity, equity and inclusion-related concerns forward. Address and resolve all such concerns in a timely manner.
- Use creative and appropriate recruitment methods to reach qualified applicants from all sectors of society.
- Ensure that all employees receive diversity, equity and inclusion training annually.
- Provide support, assistance and/or resources for all employees for whom English is not their native language.